The impact mill is mainly used for primary and secondary crushing in the mining, ceramics and iron and steel industries as well as environmental and recycling technology and the pit and quarry industry.
The Feed Materials
Soft to medium-hard rock, e.g. limestone and gypsum rock, salt, various types of ash and slag, hard coal, overburden and similar materials.
The Mode of Operation
After entering the crushing radius of the rotor, the feeding material is grasped by the beater ledges, flung against the impact rockers and crushed by the setting of the impact rockers towards the crushing radius of the rotor (gap widths) and by the speed of the rotor. The adjustment of the impact rockers is carried out by means of a worm drive mechanism. Compensation for wear of the beater ledges and the impact plates is granted due to the adjustment. In order to prevent possible damage caused by any foreign matter entering the machine, the impact rockers are spring-mounted, i.e. they can avoid any temporary overloads.
The Wearing Parts
- The impact mill rotor is designed as a closed rotor in an annealed low-tension welded structure. It is equipped with two, four or six surface-ground beater ledges.
- The beater ledges are made of wear-resistant and durable materials. They are pushed up to the rotor holders and then pressed with their entire length against a firm structure via wedge segments. They can be turned and set up at a more elevated level.
- The impact plates are made of wear-resistant and durable materials. They are screwed onto the impact rockers.
- The housing is shielded by wearing plates or by highly-alloyed hard–facing in the areas subjected to high stress.
- Mechanically adjustable impact rockers: To compensate wear and tear and to vary the grain spectrum.
- Hydraulically adjustable impact rockers: For frequent changes in the type of work to be performed, depending on product quality and grain spectrum.
- Hydraulically hinged housing: For the swift opening of the housing. The timeneeded to replace worn-out parts,or even a fully equipped rotor, is considerably reduced.
- High and constant capacity
- Construction for ease of maintenance
- High level of operation safety
- Final grain with high cubic grain proportion
- High reduction ratio
Immunity to foreign substances